Payments for online traffic citations:
To pay traffic citation online, read the following instructions. If you click "I agree", you will be directed to the online payment screen where you can choose one of the options from the drop down menu.
Online Processing Limitations:
- The City of Port Arthur and the Port Arthur Municipal Court make no guarantees, promises, or warranties regarding information provided in this site.
- There is no guarantee that this online payment application will show all of your unpaid tickets. If your ticket does not display, call 409 983-8686.
- Use of this service to submit payment constitutes acknowledgement that the City of Port Arthur and the processor of electronic payments assume no responsibility for data entered by service users.
- I hereby understand that in accordance with Texas Code of Criminal Procedure, Art. 27.14(c), case payment will result in a waiver of a jury trail, which may be reported to the Texas Department of Public Safety.
- Partial payments will not be accepted unless a payment agreement has already been established with the court.
The City of Port Arthur Municipal Court's convenient and secure online ticket payment service may be used to discharge fines, fees, and most other court assessments. The Court will process online payments usually within 24 hours of acceptance of this service, during normal business hours, Monday thru Friday, 8 a.m. till 4:30 p.m. If your payment is posted after 2 p.m. on your court date, late fees may be applied. If you have an active warrant issued on a ticket, you must make sure you print your paid receipt and be able to produce it to an officer for any fines or fees paid after normal business hours, weekends, or legal holidays. You can print your receipt online once you receive confirmation of your credit card approval.
Payment confirmation - Payee will be notified instantly when payment is approved.
It is your responsibility to ensure that payments are made in sufficient time to meet required deadlines.
Tickets which may NOT be handled online:
- JUVENILES: Persons 16 years or younger are expected to appear with a parent or guardian when pleading GUILTY or when requesting a jury trial. (The Code of Criminal Procedure Article 45.0215) states that minors under the age of 21 years charged with an alcohol-related violation MUST appear before the judge in open court before payment of fine will be accepted. JUVENILE CITATIONS CANNOT BE PAID ONLINE
- PLEA OF NOT GUILTY: On a plea of NOT GUILTY, the case must be set for trial. Your NOT GUILTY plea may be filed by appearing in person at the address on the citation, through your attorney, or by filling out the appropriate portion of the citation and mailing the citation to the court. If you plead not guilty by mail, please be sure your letter is stamp dated on or before the court date that appears on the citation.
- Payments for defensive driving or deferral request may not be handled online.
Tickets which may be handled online:
- Only tickets that have been filed with the court and has not previously been disposed of may use this service.
- Should you desire to plead guilty to the offense (s) charged on the ticket and to pay the fine (s) assessed by credit card online, the following steps may be taken:
PLEA OF GUILTY
I, the undersigned, do hereby enter my appearance on the complaint (s) of the offense (s) charged on the citation. I acknowledge that I have been informed of my right to a trial and that my preference to pay the fine(s) online will have the same force and effect as a judgment of the court. I do hereby plead GUILTY to the charge (s), waive my right to a trial by jury and an appearance before the Judge of the Municipal Court, and hereby agree to pay the penalty for my offense (s).